By Diane Long Hoeveler,Deborah Denenholz Morse
A better half to the Brontës brings the newest literary learn and idea to endure at the lifestyles, paintings, and legacy of the Brontë family.
- Includes sections on literary and demanding contexts, person texts, ancient and cultural contexts, reception reports, and the family’s carrying on with influence
- Features in-depth articles written through famous and rising students from round the world
- Addresses issues corresponding to the Gothic culture, movie and dramatic variation, psychoanalytic techniques, the effect of faith, and political and criminal questions of the day – from divorce and feminine disinheritance, to employee reform
- Incorporates contemporary paintings in Marxist, feminist, post-colonial, and race and gender studies
Read or Download A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
The aphorism captures an incredible quantity of fact, that means or wit in a truly brief assertion. it's been used and studied from classical instances to modern conception and takes on a brand new relevance after we examine today’s verbal exchange media comparable to textual content messages and twitter. This concise advisor bargains an summary of:The historical past of the aphorism to the current dayIts relation to different brief types, together with the fragment, the proverb, the maxim, the haiku, the epigram and the quotationThe use of the aphorism by means of authors resembling Heraclitus, Bacon, l. a. Rochefoucauld, Chuang Tzu, Blake, Schlegel, Emerson, Nietzsche, Wilde, Woolf and BarthesThe interdisciplinary nature of the aphorism, bringing jointly technological know-how, philosophy, literature and religionExploring all of the key facets of the shape, Ben supply publications readers via this massive and full of life quarter in a wide-ranging and severely educated examine of the aphorism.
This assortment brings jointly major students to find experimental techniques in diasporic poetry.
Within the face of an ever diminishing curiosity in a single of the oldest arts, poetry, this publication serves as an creation why that curiosity may be revived in faculties and members: illustrating the loss that accrues by way of no longer doing so, and the advantages to society via a passionate involvement within the poetic arts.
20th century American Literature is characterised by means of very important routine in drama, poetry, fiction, and feedback that took form within the years ahead of, in the course of, and after international struggle I. The eventful interval following the battle left its imprint on books of all types. Literary types of the interval have been terribly various, and the prime authors tended in the direction of radical technical experiments in drama, poetry and fiction.
- The Two Central Topics “Love“ and “Perspective“ in "Romeo and Juliet". A Comparative Study of the Film and the Play
- The Brontës in the World of the Arts (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Essays in Honour of Eamonn Cantwell: Yeats Annual No. 20
- On Not Defending Poetry: Defence and Indefensibility in Sidney's Defence of Poesy
- Celestial Empire: The Emergence of Chinese Science Fiction (Early Classics of Science Fiction)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Diane Long Hoeveler,Deborah Denenholz Morse