By Andrea F. Polard,Teresa Wright
The Western international teaches us that happiness comes from achievement—from environment targets and actively pursuing them. jap knowledge teaches us that quit is the most important, that we needs to permit pass with the intention to event the nice stream of being that's merely to be had within the current second. How can we take the simplest knowledge from either one of those ways, and honor what Dr. Andrea Polard calls “the wings of happiness” that permit us to really soar?
Discover Dr. Polard's groundbreaking synthesis of Western considering and jap philosophy with A Unified concept of Happiness, a hot and customized advisor for the transformation of attention that enables own future health and achievement to flourish. whereas our lives are choked with ups and downs, Dr. Polard teaches us that we do not have to allow those ups and downs regulate our event of existence. A Unified concept of Happiness teaches you the talents to settle on and settle for happiness through illuminating:
- How to navigate the lively “Basic Mode” and the non-active “Supreme Mode” of awareness to reply to life's complexities with flexibility
- Tools to construct ambition, competence, self assurance, and connection—essential points of reconciling with life's fragility and construction an enticing, genuine self
- Paths to receptivity, tranquility, reliance, and lightheartedness—keys to getting access to your typical reference to the complete of being, and figuring out your non-dual self
- The thought of Elastic Consciousness—a balanced position in ideal accord with an authentically lived life
“Happiness,” says Dr. Polard, “is a fancy course that turns into effortless in simple terms as we stroll it.” eventually, here's a paintings that offers a entire realizing of happiness that honors the complete spectrum of life's choices whereas broadening your adventure of its inherent joy.
Read or Download A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life PDF
Best customs & traditions books
The Western international teaches us that happiness comes from achievement—from atmosphere ambitions and actively pursuing them. japanese knowledge teaches us that give up is the most important, that we needs to enable move with the intention to adventure the good circulation of being that's simply on hand within the current second. How will we take the simplest knowledge from either one of those methods, and honor what Dr.
A candid exploration of sadomasochistic practices using modern tradition, protecting the demoralizing socioeconomic and political stipulations that provide upward push to agonizing rituals of cruelty validated at systemic, transnational, spiritual, familial, or even sexual spheres of human relations.
A scholarly paintings that goals to be either large sufficient in scope to meet upper-division undergraduates learning people trust and narrative and special sufficient to satisfy the wishes of graduate scholars within the field.
Beforehand, scholarly research of Elizabethan processions has continuously appeared them as having been winning of their functionality as propaganda, and has continuously came across them to have successfully 'won over' the typical humans - that crew of the inhabitants at whom they have been mainly aimed. either her Royal entries and progresses have been considered as powerful public kin routines, the inhabitants having access to the Queen and therefore being inspired to stay dependable topics.
- Festival and Event Management in Nordic Countries
- Purified by Fire: A History of Cremation in America
- Japanese Women, Class and the Tea Ceremony: The voices of tea practitioners in northern Japan (Japan Anthropology Workshop Series)
- Possessing Spirits and Healing Selves: Embodiment and Transformation in an Afro-Brazilian Religion (Culture, Mind, and Society)
Extra resources for A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life
A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life by Andrea F. Polard,Teresa Wright